Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigismund

Sigismund

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 8:49 am

Sigismund simply smiles. "Aye, that they do not. But I suppose that's why I don't really get along with them much these days anymore. Too much money and too much religion divorces one from what truly matters in this world. People."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

Moira laughs a little as she drinks more from her mug.  She isn't used to drinking and is not well fortified against the effects of the rum.

"So musch words.  You twos shouldn' it be good company?" she slurs a bit after watching the banter between the two men.
Back to top Go down
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 am

Chuckles lightly to himself and rolls his eyes. "Well I suppose only a man with too much religion would be able to truly know. As for work in the capital, I have only recently arrived. Being freelance has its perks, getting regular work isn't one of them. As of yet, I've yet to find any work. Still early days though."

Alex let out a long sigh and slid back into his, it looked like his little game with the Paladin was getting any bites. Maybe he would have to try another tact when the opportunity arose.

Looking over at Moira, he gauges the girls inebriation. He glanced at Sigismund "Yeah. Great company. I'm going to go and order us some food. Back in a bit, eh."

Pushing himself up from his seat and makes his way over to Daphne. Giving her a big smile, he says "Hey there, is there any chance we can get five plates of whatever you have cooking, some cheese and a couple loaves of bread?" shooting a quick look back towards the table "A bottle with some water might be a good idea too." He reached his hand into his coin pouch expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Moira looks back to Sigismund, "So whens tha king's forums?" she asks, curious about the time the mysterious event is to take place.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Astra wipes her mouth with her arm after spacing out for a bit, Then notices her mug was empty. "Kragg, top it off for me, Would ya?" Astra presents the mug toward the half-orc with the bottle, as she tries to regain her footing in the conversation at the table.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:05 pm

"Noontime," he answers Moira.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 pm

"As the lady desires, ha ha!" Kragg happily complies with the request for more rum, pouring more into Astra's mug. "Noontime eh? Suppose that be enough time ta get me nice clothes cleaned."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Astra takes a sip of her mug careful not spill, Noticing she's losing what little hand dexterity she has to the alcohol. "Thank you, this rum is gaining on me. usually I have to drink a greater volume to fumble." Astra continues drinking and listening. "Noon huh, perhaps one of you may have to drag me out of bed. It's been awhile since I've had rum this strong."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 3:04 am

Handing over a few coins to Daphne Alex returns to the table and settles down into his chair. "Alright, some food is on its way, that should help make sure the rum has company down there, eh?" Alex lifts a bottle he had brought from the bar and begins to top off Moira's drink.

"It would seem you haven't had rum too many times before, here's a little something to make it taste a little less harsh, eh?" after finishing pouring, Alex puts the bottle down on the the table next to his own mug.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 10:34 am

Moira smiles at Alex and nods, "Firsht time for everysthin' right?" she announces. "I've always shtuck to wines and ales 'fore."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am

"Bah. Ale, wine, rum. Everyone has their limits. But I reckons it matters not what yer drink is, as long as ye can enjoy it with good company, aye? Ha ha!" Kragg grins and takes yet another swig of his rum. "I be favorin' rum, but ale and wine be fine as well. Any port from the storm, aye?"
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm

"Lhimits?" Moira scoffs, taking another sip from the now mixed-drink in her mug, "Saiyors only know thheir lhimits when they falls over, no?"

She then leans forwards towards Astra, bracing herself by placing one hand on the table and one on Sigismund's arm, "Asstra, do you plahn to go to thhis forums all dresssed up?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 am

Astra chuckles to herself watching Moira sway, "All dressed up? Most of my wardrobe is rather robust." Astra leans in and allows Moira to steady herself on Astra's arm. "Perhaps you can show me how to dress nicely? I mostly picked up my fashion from my brothers."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 2:25 am

Sigismund's internal contemplation is interrupted by Moira's hand. He had fallen quiet because of what was on his mind. It had been a long day so far, and his companions had yet to arrive, so it was likely to be longer yet.

He looks concerned for the Tiefling, and perhaps there is some wonder if her actions are honest, or an act. Best to be safe than sorry however.

In many ways, he is thankful that Astra steps up. He steadies Moira as best he can from his seating, but doesn't have to do much due to her lead.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 am

Moira gives Astra a bit of a perplexed look, "I don'ta knows how rheally. Mustasche man saids to buy a dress. Isz that alls?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 am

Astra nods her head Abit. " I'd still prefer your help on picking a wardrobe tomorrow. I just know how to dress in armor. Also, are you OK? Your speech is slowly slipping away."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Moira smiles warmly, "I'mma jush fine." she sits back in her seat with a bit of effort and continues, "We could look tegesthers in tha mornin? I ne'er really bought nusthin' like a dress 'fore." her speech still slurred considerably. If there was anyone who was considered a lightweight at the table, Moira definitely fit the bill having drank not even her full mug of rum worth.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Astra smiles " I'm actually kinda excited about buying a dress." She chuckles to herself " Last time I wore a dress I was tiny little thing." Astra leans back into her chair. " I suppose I should request a room instead of passing out on a table again. Gonna need some restful sleep." Astra stands up and gathers her things. "Moira I'll ether be down here at a table in the morning. If not, probably sleeping up stairs." Astra waves at the rest of the table. "Have a good night, I'll see you guys at the forum."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:40 pm

"Sleep well friend," the Paladin nods, watching Moira carefully. Some people could handle alcohol just fine. The Tiefling did not appear to be one of them. He glanced down at the plate of food Alex had gotten for her, and noticed that she hadn't seemed to have eaten very much of it.

He wondered if she had eaten much of anything at all lately.

"I have to say, the food here is rather good. I've eaten in many places, but there's something about pubs like this which serve food that has the mysterious power of making one feel better."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Alex waves off Astra before tearing off a hunk of bread and dunking into his rabbit broth. Alex replied to Sigismund "I suppose so, there are many places out there which do not provide edible foods. Thankfully this establishment is not one of them" he proceeds to plop the dripping morsel into his mouth.

Alex waggles a spoon at the bowls around the table, "Everyone better eat up, wasting my money is the quickest way to get into my bad books."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Moira digs into the bowl in front of her after Alex and Sigismund's example, pondering where a tailor might be in a town this size. The thoughts are fleeting though as she quickly forgot what was on her mind as the stew took over her attention, focusing on finishing the food at hand.

"Thanks, Gohrmahdin." She tried, though between having just met this person, hearing his name once, and slurring her speech still, she was certain it didn't come out right.

At the completion of the bowl's content, she licked her lips clean and then picked up the bread and slipped it into her pack. "I shoulda shleep too." She adds, remembering suddenly that she is going to have a busy morning ahead.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm

"Aye, ye should get some sleep-eye lass," Kragg nods as he finishes the food before him. "No shame in it. Off ye go then." He raises his mug towards her before finishing off his rum.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Moira braced herself on the table and picked up the pack from between her ankles, slipping it over a should.

While most of her movements had been graceful earlier in the day, her departure from her chair was quite a bit less. She waved and headed off to the rooms to locate the one that she had reserved earlier in the evening, allowing the men the table to themselves.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm

After the ladies have left, Kragg was quiet. He looked to the empty bottle of rum contemplatively. Every now and then though, he glanced over at the shiny paladin. After a good minute or so, he finally broke the silence. "Beggin' yer pardon, Sigismund of Stormhall, but can I ask ye a question? How close are ye to yer god, bein' a paladin an' all that?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 pm

"If it is someone close to Apollo you seek, perhaps a member of the clergy would be better. I do my work in his name, and earn my blessings for striving to be the best that I can. But I do not think it would be appropriate to say that I serve Apollo himself, but rather his desire to make this world a better place."

He smiles warmly. "But I suppose to many, there is very little distinction to be made between those two things."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next