Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kragg

Kragg

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:38 pm

"I see. But do ye ever talk to yer god? Or per'aps a servant of theirs?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 pm

"On a few occasions, I have consulted his clerics, to assure that the things I have done have, in fact, been the correct course of action to take. And every morning, I thank Apollo for granting me his blessings, that I might do good in this world."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 12:00 am

"No no, I mean /actually/ talking to them. Like face ta face thru magic means an'... an'..." Kragg sighs and shakes his head. "Bah, nevermind. I suppose it be a silly thing ta ask." He grumbles a bit about the lack of any alcohol left.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 am

The Paladin relaxes slightly and chuckles. "No, you'd be surprised how often I hear that question. I just feel bad when I have to tell people that Paladins are not special in that regard. Like you, I've only ever seen Apollo's face within his temples. Was there a reason you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 1:26 am

Kragg shrugs. "I went to the Temple of Poseidon earlier today ta give thanks an' an offering of wine for a safe journey here. When I got to the offering pool though, found meself talkin' face ta face to an elven servant lass of Poseidon thru it. Says Poseidon's gone missin', asked me ta ask the clerics of Hades ta check if he still be alive." The half-orc shrugs. "I know, I know. Sounds like a drunken story from a drunken sailor."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 3:34 am

He pauses, then puts his mug of ale back down gently, and gives Kragg his full scrutiny. After a few moments, he decides the orc cannot be lying - or if he is, this is a particularly devilish lie.

Almost as devilish as a demon impersonating a prince.

"What else do you know of this?" he asks with complete seriousness.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 am

"As much as what the elven maiden tolds me. Says none of the clerics would help her. Needed someone that ain't called ta serve him. Someone that would listen. Someone like me, I be supposin'..." The half-orc looks over to the other bottles, hoping to see some ale or rum still within them. "Says Poseidon might 'ave been charmed or possessed or 'something more foul', whatever that might mean. Can ye imagine? A god bein' possessed? Hah!" He picks up the bottles and swishes them a bit, pouring out every little bit he could find remaining in them. "Eh, whatever happened, it supposedly made him abandoned his people an' his home at the bottom of the great seas apparently."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 am

"I see," he mused, thinking about what would be coming to pass in the next few days. Times were dark indeed, if the sailor's words proved true.

"It makes a certain amount of sense though. It is like with myself and King Steele. I am a Paladin of Apollo, certainly, but I am not bound by the word of the king, at least not in the way the other Paladins here will be. I will enforce his laws if they be just, but I do not serve him - therefore, if he were to call upon me, I would be under no obligation to heed such a call."

He realizes he is talking a lot again, and shakes his head. "Forgive me. Pray tell, what do you plan on doing about all of this, Kragg?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 am

"Sleep on it first, sort it out tomorrow." Kragg shrugs and sighs, finding no drinks left. "Right, supposing I should go turn in an' get me some shut-eye as well. See you gents tomorrow. Enjoy yerselves eh? But not too much! Ha ha!" He rises and leaves a bit of coin on the table for Daphne, then gives Sigismund and Gormadin a nod before heading off towards his own room.
Back to top Go down
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:35 pm

The chatter continued as Alex ate his meal, content to fill his belly as others spoke. Watching Kragg leave, he lets his spoon clatter down into his empty bowl. "That is quite the tale there. I do not suppose he is lying either." He lifted his mug to his mouth, wrinkled his nose at the smell and put it down again and pushing it away.

Looking askance at the paladin he ventured "I wonder if the forum tomorrow, if not directly about, is at least related in some way to, Poseidon's disappearance. The timing is very convenient."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 pm

"Convenient indeed. I would be surprised if they were even aware of the situation though, as they seem far more concerned with this whole demon prince fiasco," he shakes his head. "No one wants to go to war, but that is precisely what is at risk. That said... it is a matter I would wish to remain abreast of."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 am

Shrugging his shoulders, Alex commented "To be honest, I do not believe that we are at much risk here in the capitol regardless. If we were to go to war, it would take a time for it to reach here. At which point it would be a simple matter of weighing up what I have going here, what I can achieve here, and how much safer I would be moving away from any battlefield."

"But the thought of issues with demons and gods. When there is news of both ends of the spectrum, and is weighted in favour of the darker end. You have to be concerned about the portents."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 4:56 am

"Aye. In all my years of serving Apollo, I have come to realize that coincidence is a rare thing indeed."

If he had been on the fence before about jumping into his investigation, there was surely no doubts in his mind anymore. He would walk this path and see it through to the end, no matter the cost.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 7:22 am

Pushing himself up from the table Alex stretches out his arms above him before letting them flop back to his sides.

"Well, I think its about time I got some rest. I should imagine that tomorrow will be a busy day."

He briefly considered saying goodbye, but after the comment about serving Apollo, it brought another sour taste to his mouth, and instead left without another word. Working for a deity for the greater good? Please. It was more likely he did so out of self interest. People can follow a deity, he knew there was a benefit to that, but rubbing everyone else's nose in it? Pointless attention seeking.

With his mood darkened again, Alex stormed off towards his room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5