Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

Alexander

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] Empty
PostSubject: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am

Alexander stands outside the door to the Rosemaker's Pub for a moment, to straighten himself up. His padded shirt folded over one arm and his head scrubbed clean of any trace of his makeup. He let the sound and smells from the doorway waft over him. The sun was starting to get low in the sky and light that came from within washed the street around it with its warm glow.

Not a bad establishment he thought, all things considered. A bit boorish to be sure, but he had stayed in much worse, but as it goes, a fine place to base himself from for the time being. Nodding to himself, he entered into the bustling inn and made his way over to the stairs which led to his room. Quickly making his way upstairs and into his room, Alex pulled his backpack out from under the bed put his padding safely away where it belonged. Pulling out a soft leather bound book from his bag, he gently laid a hand on its faint swirled surface, tracing its lines with his fingers. He knew he would have to find somewhere safer to put his books. They were precious companions to him, and it would not do to lose them after so many years together. But that was a problem for tomorrow, for now he gently peeled open the book to one of the opening pages and began to read...

Half an hour later, comfortable that his routine had been satisfied, Alexander looked around his room one more time and nodded again to himself. Everything is as it should be. With that, he pushed open his door, and with a quick look around, departed, locking his door behind him. Alexander stood up straight and smoothed down his clothes. Even if this was where he was going to live, it still wouldn't do to not look his best. Comfortable that his garments were in order, he descended the stairs once again and settled himself at an empty table, wondering if his open posture would drum up any opportunities.

Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 9:06 am

Over to the side, a half-orc lazily tosses tavern darts at the tavern's dartboard, naturally located out of the way of the other tavern patrons. By the looks of it, he wasn't very good at it. Then again, perhaps he wasn't truly trying. But who was gonna tell him that? After tossing the last dart in his hands, he grunts and takes a swig of ale from his mug nearby before moving to retrieve the darts from the board and trying again.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Alex looked over at the half-orc curiously. Looking him up and down, he assessed his garb. By all indications, a sailor. Sailors were not known for their morales. But then they were also not known for their need of a man with fine penmanship. Nevertheless, striking up such a connection could never hurt.

He pushed himself up from his chair and made his way over to the man via the bar. Placing the new ale beside his old one, Alexander smiles at the dart board. "I may not be much competition, but do you fancy a game?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 7:10 pm

The half-orc pauses and looks to the man that spoke, taking in his measure, then shrugs. "Aye, why not?" He hands over half the darts and steps to the side. "Take yer shot."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 12:42 am

Alex takes the proffered darts, and bounced them in his palm as he weighed them. He had never played darts before, but he knew the rules, it looked simple enough. He took a single dart in his hand and made an approximate imitation of the stance he had seen other players use, lining up the shot he let the dart fly.

The dart took a smooth arc through the air, only to collide with the outer border of the dart board.

Coughing slightly into his hand, he took aim again.

Another dart spun through the air, full of elegance and promise. Until it clattered against the board and bounced to the floor. In frustration, Alex flung the last dart with less attempt at grace. The dart flew a wonky trajectory, burying itself on a 7 just outside the triple ring.

Frowning, he walked forward to collect his darts. Looking sheepishly over at the half-orc he said, "Did I mention that I might not be much competition?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 am

The half-orc smirks a bit. "Truth be told, I wasn't expectin' much. Ye don't look ta have much strength. Fair enough yer throws were good, but ye need to put more strength in them." He demonstrates by throwing a dart that lands solidly on the board. "See? If there be no strength, yer dart don't stick." He throws his other two darts, earning a decent score before collecting his darts from the board. He motions for the man to take his turn as he takes another drink of his ale.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Alex nodded his thanks as he took a step up to the dartboard. He doubted that a game of finesse required strength, but given his previous attempt was so abysmal he was not about to contradict him.

Alex lined up the dart again and let loose, this time putting a bit more force behind it. The dart took a crooked path through the air and stuck firmly on the board near the outer ring. He followed up with the other two darts in short order, peppering the board without any apparent attempt at aim, despite the contrary.

"Well at least I managed to get them all in the board this time eh?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 7:24 pm

The half-orc nods with a grin. "Aye, ye did." He takes another sip. "I like to think darts be like throwin' small spears an' javelins. I can tell darts be not yer thing, but I like that ye came up and tried. What be yer name, stranger?"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 3:52 am

Alex offered him a friendly grin. "The names Gormadin, and the alternative was to simply sit alone and drink myself into a stupor. Which now that I think 'bout it, probably was less of an embarrassment than showing everyone how terrible a shot I am!" spreading his arms, he makes a wide open handed gesture to the surrounding patrons.

"What 'bout yourself? You got a name?"

Alex reaches down to the table to retrieve his tankard and takes a large draught.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 am

The half-orc laughs. "Ha ha! Well met, Gormadin. I am Kragg, feared whip of any ship I serve on!" He pats the whip at his side. "Helps ta keep the crew in line, ye see. Though I haven't had to use it on anyone for many a job. But I suppose that be a good thing, eh? Ha ha!" He gives Gormadin a friendly slap on the back before grabbing his own mug and taking a drink as well.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 am

Alex considers the whip briefly, "I should think anybody who has their wits about them would be wise to do their best to be on the receiving end of that. I'd wager feeling the sting of it would put the motivation back into any laggard." he remarked.

"When are you next due to set sail? I know the tendency of sailors to make port, blow their wages and set sail again. You don't have the demeanour of a man who is trying to get rid his money like it was a woman on a ship."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 8:25 am

Astra returns to the inn from a uneventful day of exploring but refreshed being that most it was spent in the bathhouse. She steps in and looks around. She notices the half-orc from the morning. "Kragg is still here, wonder where Sigismund is." She continues walking looking around the pub.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 am

As the last rays of the sun teased its retreat against the horizon, Moira approached the familiar door of the Rosemaker Pub.  Pulling back her cowl and shaking her head a moment to feel the evening breeze pass through her hair once more.

A new city, new people, new rumors, and a few new coins... in terms of days to remember, this had been one of the better ones in recent memory, hell for all of her memory for that matter.  She smiled a bit satisfactorily as she strode up and placed a hand on the Rosemaker's door, forgetting a moment that the establishment's clientele had likely changed since that morning and she'd once again find herself the center of odd looks.

The tiefling, her unkempt crimson hair and the days' grime still marring one of her cheeks, entered and immediately looked towards the counter, "Daphne, still gotta spare room for the night?  Ma feet are killin' me.  Never realized justa how big this city is."

She gave a brief smile to Astra and a wave in greeting before heading over to a familiar table.

Without even noticing the dart players initially, she found the same seat she left hours earlier, unsettling a pack from the arm beneath her traveling cloak and setting it between her feet.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:07 am

"Just arrived in the city this mornin' actually, job's done. Just waiting for the next one." Kragg shrugs as he takes a seat at the nearby table, gesturing for Gormadin to sit as well. "How about you? You're nicely dressed, you seem like the merchant type." His ear perks up and he looks around a bit as if he heard his name said, then shrugs and returns his attention to the man before him. "So what's your business 'round these parts eh?" he asks as he takes another swig.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:43 am

Alex takes up the chair alongside Kragg and sups at his ale.

"Well, I suppose I am a merchant or sorts. More like I service provider. I help people put into writing what they might not be able to do themselves. Be it drawing up papers, writing a letter to a secret love, that sort of thing. I also help merchants get their own affairs in order, by balancing books and advising on profit margins." he explained.

Alex gave the half-orc a wide grin, "Basically a scribe, but in a less formal sense. It lets me stay on the road and earn a few coin without the need to drag along expensive or heavy wares. I've decided to come to the capital to try and expand my business with regular clients."

He drained the last of his ale before continuing, "Boring, I know. But you gotta do what your good at to get by, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 am

Kragg scratches his head, then shrugs. "I'm not going to pretend I understood any of that. But eh, if it be honest work and gets you dressed finely as you are, then good on yah. But why are ye here then? Wouldn't ye prefer bein' at one of them fancy inns in the noble district? Or are ye here perhaps lookin' for hands to hire?"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 am

Alex laughs heartily at the reference to him being dressed finely, "It is true that I enjoy some of the finer things, but that is because I am especially careful with how I spent my coin. I could dine in nice places to please my palate for a moment and then attire myself like a pauper, or I can spend my coin in a more reasonable establishment such as this and dress myself in comfort. I prefer it this way around. If you were in nice place dressed in rags, you would be looked down upon, and is not something I would abide."

Alex tugs at the front and cuffs of his shirt. "Of course dressing such as this means you need to keep a tighter grip on your purse and a closer eye on your back, but I personally prefer it like this."

"As for hands for hire, I might be at that. But if you are requesting for yourself, then I am afraid I have nothing to offer right now. Just as I myself am incapable of sailing a ship, I should imagine you also are incapable of drafting up a transfer of ownership contract between a merchant syndicate and a Dionan Oligarch." he explained. Alex offered him an apologetic smile. "The work I have in mind is probably a tad more sensitive than either of us could put our hands to."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm

"Aye, fair enough. But if ye ever be in need of good muscle for a job, be sure to give ol' Kragg a call, eh? Just be sure ta pay me well! Ha ha!" Kragg gives a hearty laugh and a grin. He raises his mug in cheers towards Gormadin and finishes his ale before slamming the wooden mug down on the table with satisfaction. Still seated, he then takes a dart and playfully flips it a little in his meaty hand before giving it a mighty toss at the dart board, firmly sticking it near the center.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:50 pm

"Seems to be getting busier in here, eh?" he says looking around as the bar gets steadily busier.

"What say we get in another round before they run out eh? I think its your round right?" He says flashing the half orc a cheeky wink and a grin.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Kragg laughs. "I doubt Rosewater's Pub will ever run out of drinks. But very well, next drink's on me! I hope ye like rum!" He looks over towards the bar. "Miss Daphne! If ye be so kind, a bottle of rum fer me and this man here! Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:02 am

The corner of his eye twitches slightly. He did not like rum. But he wouldn't turn it down, to do so might seem impolite. Alex looked around the room for someone to save him. "A bottle of rum tastes better when its shared don't you think? Why don't we invite some people to join us and ill get the next drinks?"

At least if the rum was split more ways, there would be less for him to drink he thought desperately.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:26 am

Moira handed Daphne a couple coin for an evening meal and stay, and closed her eyes for a few minutes as she let the day's activities wash over her thoughts.

She slouched slightly in the chair as she let out a long breath, opening her eyes to again take in the familiar scene of the pub's decor and the clientele within.  A few fingers raked through her crimson hair beyond one of the horns that protruded from amidst the rough tangle of locks.

Moira pulled out a small bracelet with an emerald setting, rolling it in the palm of her hand for a moment, appraising its value and trying to decide what to do with it next as she sat by herself at the table where she had first met Astra and Sigismund earlier that day.  She quietly tucked the trinket away again before Daphne returned with some vittles.

She considered engaging Astra in some conversation, but thought it best to wait as the warrior wandered about the pub as if she was looking for something or someone in particular.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 10:05 am

Astra sees Moira in the seat she was in earlier and walks over to her. "Good to see you again Moira." Astra sits in her old chair as well after dropping her bag on the floor behind her, and placing her shield in the seat next to her. Astra settles in then looks a Moira. "Did you have a eventful day?"
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 am

Moira offers a slight shrug of her left shoulder, "It was... interestin', I guess. Heard some rumors shiftin' 'round about a public forum or somethin' with the king tomorrow."

She offers a warm smile, "So how 'bout you? Lots of fun today?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm

"well Sigismund offered some helpful advice on how to continue the search, but today I just explored the capital. I spent most the day in the bathhouse for a much needed cleaning." Astra beckons one of the bar maidens over and orders a drink, then looks back to Moira. "Public forum with the king? Hmm.. I did see a gathering in the market place. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check."

Astra glances at Moira excitedly. "Have you met my companion?" Astra taps her shield. "Hey Randale show yourself. In moments the silver engraving of a wolf fades and is replaced by a animated visage of a wolf head within the dark surface of the mirror, akin to a Magic Mirror. The wolf opens his eyes it's piercing sapphire eyes looking around then locking a gaze at Moira. "Well met, I'm Randale the entity that lives within the shield, Serving and protecting the Lykos family for generations, emphasis on protecting." Astra looks at Moira for her reaction with a child like smile. "wild, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next