Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Moira

Moira

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Moira takes a seat at the table, settling her pack again between legs as she addresses the half-orc, "I've nev' tried rum before. Usually is just ale or wines, depending on who ya with."

She passes her mug to the center of the table within reach of the sailor, hoping she isn't about to be initiated into a strong sailor drink, but part of her knowing better than to hope in such things.

As Alex returns to the table with Sigismund, she smiles at the pair, "Wish I could sing songs of success, yet I'm still without pay. Mayhaps ma luck will change 'fore ma purse runs dry." the smiles fading as she answers.

"And how 'bout the rest of ye? Has fortune favored ya today?" she asks, her eyes turning away from Sigismund for a moment to address the lot at the table.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Astra shrugs "I just explored parts of the nearby area, and spent the better part relaxing lazily in the bathhouse. Light pockets are a concern, but I imagine work is around if I stopped dragging my feet." Astra notices the fresh shaven face on the paladin, Giving him a slightly disappointed look. "Perhaps a trim but all your facial hair? Sigismund how could you?" Astra elbows him playfully, but with a bit of force to jostle him off balance.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 4:50 pm

"It grows rather itchy, you see," he responds. "Besides, I will need to look my best tomorrow. Did you know there's a public forum?"
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Moira chimes in at this news, "There was a lotta chatter in the market square 'bout a public forum with the king. Any word what it's 'bout?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Alex frowns briefly at the question from Moira about the fortune of the day, and deigns not to reply and just flops down into his chair and takes a large swig of his rum. Content to let the chatter wash over him for a moment whilst assessing the people around the table.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

"I suppose I should attend this forum and gain some insight about these parts, Is there an urgency to this forum or is it a usual event?" Astra inquires toward Sigismund then glances around the table.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

"My understanding is that it is to be a public event, open to all. But it might not hurt to be as presentable as possible."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Astra gives Sigismund an exaggerated gasp, "Good sir, Are you implying I'm not presentable?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:11 pm

"While I might believe you to be more than presentable, there is no such thing as going overdressed where the nobility are concerned."

He smiles.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Moira considers the words a moment, "What do ya mean by presentable? If we shows up, we are present, no?"

She takes a sip of the mug, forgetting for a moment that it was rum that was being served instead of the weaker mead, resulting in her coughing and her cheeks flushing.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 pm

"If you are looking to attract the coin of the nobility, dressing to impress is always a way to garner their attention. Being able to stand out in a crowd can be most useful - if you wish to be seen, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm

"Bah, politics. Never been much for it. Can't really follow everything when one might set sail the next day." Kragg shrugs as he continued pouring rum into mugs for everyone. "Though I suppose I might attend it. Might be good for a laugh, eh? Ha ha!" He looks over to Moira. "You know, the way ye speak lass, I might think ye were from Bad Wolf Bay as well. Or are ya simply tryin' ta speak like a sailor around me?" He grins as he takes a swig from his mug.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Moira considers Sigismund's words, "So I should dress diff'rent?" she ponders this for a long moment, "I guess I've n'er dressed up 'fore.  Nah even sure I know what one would deem worthy 'to impress'" she offers a slight shrug of her shoulder.

She runs a couple fingers through the tangles of her hair as Kragg looks over at her and asks about her accent, "I've known ports and sailors." she answers with a simple countenance, and takes another hard sip of her rum.  "Which port is this Bad Wolf one?  Be it near a woods where wolves roam?" she counters deflectively [Insight 24 to detect the purposeful redirection].
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Kragg laughs heartily. "Not as such, lass. Though I can't deny some people I know there be like wolves, ha ha! Nay, Bad Wolf Bay be a port town not too far from here, a few days travel away, under the watchful eye of Baroness Staceen Stormghal. We don't have the best of reputations, mind, but it be home to me."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 10:28 pm

"Watchful eye indeed."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 am

Kragg simply shrugs. "Even rats need ta have a place ta call home. Not like any other town around here cares much for us common folk that have nowhere else ta go. No ship can stay out on the seas forever."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 3:26 am

Alex looks at Moira, "You have never dressed up before?" he feigns surprise with a mock gasp. "Why ever not? In my opinion you should always dress like you belong! It certainly helps oil the gears of a decent conversation. If I dressed in rags whilst at the market trying to peddle my services, no-one would take me seriously. But when I dress smartly, people will assume my credibility on looks alone. Little do they know I have only but a couple coins to my name!"

He glanced around the table at the assorted company, "It is unfortunate, but people will base their attitude towards you the moment they see you. Before you open your mouth you have been judged, and they act accordingly. Therefore 'dressing up' is simple way of adjusting the context of your engagements. Or even make people think you are something you are not." Alex's eyes briefly slide over the shiny armour of the paladin.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 am

"Aye, the game of judgement is a difficult one to play indeed, but one we all must suffer nonetheless. How fortunate it is that under the watchful eyes of the gods we may all be judged fairly, based upon our deeds rather than on our appearances or our heritage."

The paladin takes another sip of his drink, noting Alexander's reactions. "If I may be permitted, what services precisely do you provide, good sir?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:22 am

"From what I understood earlier, he's an adviser of sorts that helps people write things." Kragg shrugs and takes another swig. "I don't understand it me self, but from the looks of him, it must pay well, eh? Perhaps ya could teach me so I can be as fancy as yerself, eh? Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 am

Moira shakes her head in answer to Alex's inquiry. "I've n'er known reason. My coin goes ta food, nah dresses." She glances at Sigismund and adds, "nor armor."

"To go to this public forum, I needs ta dress up?" She asks, obviously concerned now.

Last edited by Moira on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 am

"No, there is no need. Merely some advice if you go seeking employment opportunities is all," Sigismund comforts the Tiefling. "Mayhap I can find some work on your behalf, depending on what skills you may possess. These next few weeks will surely be quite busy for me."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 8:00 am

Alex takes a sip from his rum, letting others speak before answering the question. "To clarify, I am a scribe of sorts. For those who cannot write themselves, or know that their handwriting might be recognised, I pen letters for people. It is mostly love letters that are requested of me, nobles flirting with the mistress of another, that sort of thing. But I get the occasional threat request too. I don't normally accept such requests, but it depends on how badly I am in need of coin at the time. It is always the words of the client that I transcribe." Alex puts his hands up beside his head in mock surrender, "Such messages would happen with or without me, I just help put it into a more elegant form for the recipient."

Alex shrugs slightly and takes another swig of rum. "I also help merchants sort out their book keeping, sometimes men are good with money and not with their ledgers. I help them get their affairs in order so they can more clearly see how much of what they have. Boring I know, but if you ever need someone with excellent penmanship, I'm your guy!" Alex raises his mug in mock cheer, and takes another sip of the rum.

"I think I shall pay this forum a visit tomorrow, there may be people of import who wish to send a speedy message." Alex shrugs noncommittally.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 8:12 am

Moira relaxes a little at the indication she doesn't need to 'dress up'. For a few moments there, the thought of trying to figure all of it out with so little time before the morning seemed rather daunting a proposition.

"Is okay, Sigismund. I'm nah the type to work inna temple. Gods n'er done anythin' for me this life. No offense, 'course."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 am

"Difficult work, acting as a freelance scribe," Sigismund notes coolly. "I am certain that there is no shortage of such work needing done in the capital."

He doesn't bother to point out the inconsistencies of the man's story. Best to let him believe that he's gotten away with being clever, after all. To press the matter would be terribly rude, after all, and it has been a rather long day. He turns as Moira offers her apologies.

"None taken. Strange as it may sound, I've not spent much time in temples either. The gods do much for us, but it is our responsibility to take ownership of our own destinies, as it were. Our actions are our own, after all."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 am

Smiling conspiratorially, Alex winks at Moira. "You never know. How would you know they have done nothing for you? What if you have been saved a dozen times over? I doubt the gods come down from Olympus just to say 'Hey. Moira. Just saved your life there. Did ya see it?'"

Gesturing with his hand to indicate he didn't know, he continued "I'm not a godly man myself, but my point is, you never know. eh?"

Turning to Sigismund he says "'Difficult work, acting as a freelance scribe', yeah. You are right on that account." Fixing the Paladin with a stare and a friendly face. Difficult? You have no idea, fool. The doubt in the Paladins voice confirmed his suspicions. Even the truth was not enough for his likes, always looking for the bad in people.

His face retaining its smile, but taking on an edge of obvious open challenge "Not that a man in the pocket of the crown or the gods, would know how hard of course.". The rum making him more bold, he raised it once again to his lips and raised his eyebrows eager for any of his rehearsed rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next