Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ares
Admin
Ares

A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 8:36 am

They each would hear a chuckling coming from the dark of the hall from where they had just came; the voice is silken, almost like that of an elf, but with a venomous undertone to it. A soft clicking sound can be heard as well, almost like an insects footsteps.

"I suppose this is my lucky day, more prey has arrived! How fitting... the Temple of Death will be your last stop on this mortal coil. But do not fret, little ones. You each will make a fine wedding gift for the upcoming nuptials. It will be an honor for your corpses to be gifted to a pair of gods!"

Stepping around the corner of the door's entrance, but skill blanketed by the shadows of the temple's hall is a large half drow half spider creature. In its left hand is a large, curved blade that is covered with blood.

(OOC: And initiative please)

Initiative
Kraag - 22
Astra - 21
Drider - 11
Giorg 6
Back to top Go down
https://planeofterria.rpg-board.net
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 am

Kragg turned towards the voice and looked upon the figure standing there. "Eh? You did this for a wedding of gods? Well then..." He stands up with his hands at his hips. "What's a wedding... without some wine?!" With rage, he quickly grabs the cask of wine and hurls it at the drider.

Bonus Action: Rage
Action: Attack (Throw cask) - 1d20+5 = (7)+5 = 12 | 1d20+5 = (11)+5 = 16

[ARES] The cask hits him and bursts open but it doesn't seem to do any real damage. Just cover him in booze.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Astra pulls down her helm and Charges toward the drider pike in hand.
"Filthy monstrosity, I'll strike you down!"

Action:Dash
Bonus Action: Charger attack- 1d20+5(13)+5 = 18/ 1d10+3+5(charger bonus)(6)+8 = 14
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 am

"So you say, girl," the drider says after reeling from the cask of wine and Astra's attacks. Its swings at Kraag with it's longsword in a two handed grip, sailing over the half orc's head. It follows up its miss with a bite at Astra, grabbing her and pulling her close before its fangs find purchase in her armor.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Giorg hangs back, aware that he's not going to be much help to these two in direct battle. Instead, he holds himself back and starts beating on his stomach like a drum. Following soon after is his voice, deep and rough, reciting an old dwarven battle chant.

[using Bardic Inspiration on Kragg]
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Kragg growls as bends down slightly to avoid the drider's initial sword swing. As he rises, he reaches for his whip and releases it from his belt clip, allowing the end to unfurl and fall to the floor momentarily. Hearing the dwarf's battle chant and drum-rhythm, he grins before snapping his whip back and attacking the drider with his whip twice.

Action:
Attack (Whip) - 1d20+5 = (10)+5 = 15 + Inspiration 1d6 = (5) = 5 = 20
Damage - 1d4+3+2 = (1)+3+2 = 6

Bonus Action:
Frenzy Attack (Whip) - 1d20+5 = (11)+5 = 16
Damage - 1d4+3+2 = (4)+3+2 = 9
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Astra makes a small grunt as she gets bit, and steps back shield facing the drider,Randale has his fangs bared growling at him. She lunges forward and drives her pike into the drider.

Action:attack 1d20+5 = 25/ 2d10+3 =21
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 pm

The constant lashing combined with the deep thrust into one of the drow's kidney from the spear attack had the drider on the ropes. It struck out and tried to bite again, both attacks easily sidestepped and deflected. The drider hisses in defeat, knowing it doesnt have much time left.

It begins to retreat back towards the pit, with little concern for its defense, leaving it open to another two solid stroked from the barbarian and fighter.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Giorg throws his spear, unwilling to get too close to a drider. Somehow, he is not at all surprised that it missed. He resumes drumming on his great girth and the battle-chant, hoping one of his comrades can finish the job. Or at least disable the drider so they could question it later.

He makes a mental note to retrieve his spear later.

[using Bonus Action to give Bardic Inspiration on Astra]
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:00 am

Kragg snarls and chases after the drider. "Oi! Where do ya think yer goin'? We're not done 'ere yet!" He fiercely tackles the drider and holds it down. "Hold still!" He tries to give it a punch in the head to knock it out, but the drider's thrashing causes him to miss and hit the floor instead.

Movement: 30ft

Action:
Grapple - 1d20+5 = (1)+5 = 6 | 1d20+5 = (5)+5 = 10
Drider - 1d20+3 = (6)+3 = 9 [Drider is successfully grappled]

Bonus Action:
Frenzy Attack (Punch) - 1d20+5 = (1)+5 = 6 [Miss]
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 am

Astra sees Kragg as he chases and tackles the drider. She starts sprinting towards them. She brings the side of the pike down on the drider's temple.

Action: dash .
Bonus action: charge attack. 1d20+5=23/ 1d10+8= 18 non lethal.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:21 pm

As the dwarf begins processing the whole scenario, a thought puts a grim cloud over his features.

"D'you think this wa'just Hades' temple? Or should we be checkin' th'other temples?"

He looks at the drider as he picks his spear back up. "Should we tell th'guard about 'im?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 pm

"Figure we best should call th' city guard. Wouldn't want ta be blamed fer all th' dead priests eh? Ha ha!" Kragg gives a hearty laugh as he calms down from his rage, still holding the drider down. "Th' guards could check the other temples. Did either of ye bring any rope ta tie this one up? Didn't think ta bring me own."
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:20 am

"Th'others will wan'to know, too."

When Kragg asks about rope, the dwarf shakes his head. "We coul' break a few o' his legs, keep 'im from runnin' too fast," he says in his inconsistent dwarven accent. "But that be a wee bit cruel."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 am

Astra lifts up the visor on her helm, "Cruel? It still breathes, that's more mercy then it deserves." Astra starts digging in her bag. " I have some rope here, But I want at least two of us to stay near him."
Astra begins roping  the drider , secure and tight around each appendage.

Astra starts taking her armor off to examine the bite.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 am

Giorg keeps his spear pointed at the drider, just in case it tries something.

"I can tak'a look a'that, if you like," he offers as Astra examines her wound. "Picked up a'bit o' healin' magic on th'road, and some herbalism back home."
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 am

"I can stay 'ere," Kragg nods. He reaches over to take the drider's sword away from it's reach, then sits upon the drider after Astra ties it up. "City guards might not believe it if a sailor smellin' of wine tries callin' them 'ere, ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 am

Astra kneels down and shows the wound to Giorg. "That would be most appreciated. Thank you."

Astra listens to Kragg, "So you and I shall stay and watch this drider while Giorg calls the guards? Is that agreeable?" She looks to both of them for any input they may have .
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 am

"Tha' be a sound plan to me. Le'me just do wha' I can here f'rst."

Giorg examines the wound, then places a hand to close it before it gets worse. While doing this, he takes the time to see if there are any signs of poison. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility, if all the tales he's learned and heard over the years were any indication.

"I cannae tell if there be poison in th'wound, though. Might be wantin' to have tha' checked out."

[casting Cure Wounds as 2nd level spell, (3+2)+2 = 7]
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:09 pm

"Aye, that be fine with ol' Kragg." The half-orc nods as he begins rifling through the drider's belongings for anything important or valuable.
Back to top Go down
Giorg

Giorg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Giorg nods as he finishes the spell, then heads off to find the guard. He'll wake one up if he has to.

/exit?
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Astra sits down on the ground near Kragg and the drider. " That was a good take down Kragg, made striking him down that much easier." Astra extends a armored hand toward Kragg for a handshake .
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 pm

"Heh, yer not bad yerself lass. Quite the blow ye landed on it earlier." Kragg grins and reaches out a meaty fist and shakes her hand. "Woulda prob'bly done more if I brought me sword. Didn't think I'd need it 'ere in a temple. Pity I wasted that cask of wine on this blaggard." He sighs, then shrugs and returns to rummaging through the drider's things. "What do ye suppose it was talkin' about? A weddin' of gods? Didn't think gods were th' type ta get hitched, ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 pm

"Thank you, but I think I owe that blow to the dwarf , ether he distracted the drider or Tummy drums brings out my best. But in regards to the wedding,Not sure what it was on about" Astra shrugs as she glances toward the oracle that was slain. "It's a damn shame , senseless death leaves a bitter taste in my mouth." She glances around, partly to keep watch another part out of slight dragging dullness that follows battle. " find anything good?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 am

Kragg grunts. "Doesn't seem like it had much. Just leather armor an' its sword." He sighs and sits on the drider again. "Aye, his drummin' reminded me of a ship's drums. Made me push a little further. Wonder if I can do it too." He grins and tries slapping his own toned gut like a drum. "Eh, it's not the same. His gut be better, ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]   A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dwarf's Kind of God [D2, Night, OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next