Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal Empty
PostSubject: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:07 pm

His favorite place to eat in the city.... well, other than the palace. Maybe he favored the palace for the beautiful noble women and the reminder of how far he had come from such humble beginnings. Well, the food WAS exquisite as well. However, today called for a more simple meeting, much like the one he had had with Tiarnan the day before... just less spur of the moment. Things were often that way when in involved the half elf.

Instead, Lukas is greeted at the door of Atlas' Reprieve- one of the capital's finer establishments. It was less rowdy than Rosemaker's and would help fill his stomach and give him the opportunity to catch up with his old pal Zaril.
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:25 pm

The Tiefling enters taking in the sights of the noble district. Always happy to indulge in Lukas' preferred extravagances, even more happy to after spending weeks in the wildernesses away from civilization. He checks his coat at the door before turning to Lukas. "Hello old friend." Zaril greets the mage as he arrives. "I'm glad to see you after so long. My latest trip for the Guild took some time. You must tell me of what I have missed."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Lukas sets his walking staff (and a fine looking one at that) to the side near Zaril's coat, dusting his hands before extending one to the Tiefling in greeting.

"Greetings to you as well, Zaril. I'm curious to hear about your business during your travels. Meet any trouble during your missions in the wild?" he asks with a smile, before motioning the barbarian to enter first. "Not much as it pertains to the guild, but much in the way of politics."
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Zaril takes the hand in greeting. "Not to much trouble. Had to deal with some ambush drakes you may have liked." He says flashing a grin the sorcerers way. "We had pretty good luck over all. Found new spots rich in resource and some fairly close by. I shouldn't have to go back out for a while. Could have ask for better weather though. Made for some poor nights camping."

Zaril turns to the maître d. "Hello there. Reservation for two under Erimos."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm

"You do know I favor Dragons; even the lesser drakes have their own fascinating intricacies," Lukas replies, following his friend to the tables. He continues the conversation after they take a seat, ordering some wine and water to start off.

"What kind of resources? Something to make a potion to help you keep aware of your surroundings?" the sorcerer jests. "I seem to remember a certain Barbarian nearly wondering into an umber hulk nest once."
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 7:56 pm

"Ha...ha" Zaril rolls his eyes, taking a sip of wine. "I'll never live that down hmm? I've managed to come some way since then. I barely got lost at all on this latest trip."  He says matter-of-factly. "Our greatest find was a small vein of mithral ore, which we will mostly sell off to the smith guild but will come in quite handy for potions to increase speed and what not."

Another sip of wine. "So what of you then? You say there is much in the way of politics. What does the the palace have you up to?"
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 am

"I could use some of those; I'm not so fast myself, as you know. better at blasting things with fire." It was a good thing Zaril was resistant to that element, Lukas reflected as he rubbed the back of his head with a small laugh.

"Meeting and greeting the Dionans, though I my talents may be wasted in that regard. They brought little users of the arcane arts with them. Otherwise, I'll be trying to ease tensions what with their prince's murder.... in our home and all."
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 4:45 pm

"Oh right. There is supposed to be an influx of them around perhaps even some dragonborn. Can't say I have run into any myself, but I have only been back a short time." He says while scratch his chin. "I'm sure your way with word will help in that regards. You always were much more persuasive than I, could probably sell a fish to a fisherman." He chuckles. "Hopefully this murder business will be soon behind us."
Back to top Go down
Alston

Alston

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 am

Seemingly by itself, the elegant door of the Atlas’ Reprieve suddenly bangs open, setting the delicate crystal panes to rattle alarmingly in their casements. In storms an old gnome, short for even a member of his otherwise diminutive race, appearing quite comical in his fury, his cheeks bright red, his wispy fringe of white hair sticking out at odd angles, his grey robes rumpled and in dire need of a washing. Swooping in on his heels soars a tiny red pusedodragon which circles about the room echoing his master’s agitation.

Lukas Fayden!” squeaks the angry gnome waving a bit of parchment about, clinched in his fist.

Alston Rosemaker, the greatest draconic scholar in the known kingdoms, stumps up to Lukas, completely oblivious to the maître d who rushes behind wringing his hands anxiously.

Where is Volume 62: A Study of Rufus Draco’s Dietary Requirements and Hunting Behaviors!” Alston waves the bit of crumbled parchment beneath the man’s nose, Lukas’ own handwriting clearly visible. “I postponed my breakfast and walked to the Arcaneum to add an interesting story about Bleiterghast I heard last night at Rosemaker’s to Volume 62 and I find this in its place! You are not to remove books from the library without permission of the head librarian…AND the AUTHOR…” Alston already high pitch voice trails off into a range beyond that of mortal hearing…

His breath apparently spent Alston glares at Lukas.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 10:40 am

"One can hope," was all the time Lukas had to say in reply before the boisterous gnome made his ruckus and entered into the inn/restaurant. The sorcerer held up his hands to the side of his head in a peaceful gesture, giving Zaril a glance before looking back to the parchment.

"Apologies, my friend," he addressed the gnome with a sympathetic glance. "I'd be happy to return the volume after lunch; the king has charged me with studying our potential enemy's habits and history to garner some insight into his recent actions. Of course, if you have some knowledge I do not I'd be happy to hear it."
Back to top Go down
Alston

Alston

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 12:16 pm

The King?” Sputters Alston breathlessly. “Well I..I had no idea the king is interested in my work! This could open up whole new avenues for my research! With the financial backing of the king I could finally observe dragons in their natural environment instead of trying to piece together information from second hand tavern tales! I could form an expedition out beyond the city’s walls and make my observations first hand!

Alston’s fury quickly transforms into excitement as his pseudodragon comes to land upon his shoulder and trills a hopeful note.

Yes, yes Zeyx we’ll get something to eat soon...” Alston pats distractedly the tiny dragons head, as his voice trails off in mutters. “I must get an audience with the king, perhaps then I can venture out to the frontier and finally disprove these ridiculous rumors about dragons hunting in packs. Everyone knows they are solitary beasts by nature and you never see two together outside of the odd mating flight. Why the very idea that Bleiterghast would be hunting with TWO other lesser dragons is preposterous!

Alston continues to mutter to himself as he climbs into a chair at Lukas’ table completely oblivious to everyone else in the room. In a blink he conjures parchment, ink and quill out of thin air and begins frantically scribbling.

Hmmmm, yes.., I’ll need four or five strong types for muscle and sneaky fellow to scout ahead…
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm

"He is holding a forum tomorrow, you know..." Lukas mentions, sighing to himself as the gnome takes a seat uninvited. Well, he was interesting if nothing else. The sorcerer gives a small shrug to Zaril, before continuing.

"I'd be willing to get you access to the debate if you are willing to overlook my.... bureaucratic oversight."
Back to top Go down
Alston

Alston

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Alston looks at Lukas then glances slyly at Zaril, a clever gleam in his eye. "Bureaucratic oversight? Ha! Meaning the crazy old gnome should keep his month shut and let you do all the talking AND take the credit. Ha, fine, it matters not. I MUST get in the field for direct observation. Without that my life's work can be dismissed as hearsay and conjecture. Dazzle the royal ears with "your" brilliant insights if you must Lukas, but if his Majesty decides to send an investigation into Bleiterghast's predations I'll be riding right there beside you!"

Turning then to Zaril, "My apologies good sir on interrupting your meal..." Alston pauses and begins to blink rapidly then whispers "Oh my, sir do you know you're Tiefling!" he shakes his head. "No matter." With a flourish Alston dismisses his writing tools, hops down from Zaril's chair, and nimbly makes his way towards the door. "I'll have the expedition proposal written up by tonight Lukas, you can return Volume 62 when you stop by to get it and then you can present it to the King tomorrow. We'll get to the bottom of all this nonsense together you and I."

His last words can be heard drifting back through the open doorway as gnome and pesudodragon disappear into the bustling street beyond.

Last edited by Alston on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Zaril just sits there as a flurry of gnome whirls through the dining area of this restaurant. Leaving him amused, confused, and frankly a little assaulted having the gnome occupy the same chair that Zaril currently sits.

He lets out a long breath of air after the old gnome leaves. "Well that was certainly... something. I do hope the people here will forgive our gnome friend's blustering." He turns to Lukas. "Did you know i was a Tiefling?" He says try to contain a smirk. "I've always thought as much but its nice to have confirmation, and by a published author if caught that right. You two could certainly be two peas in a pod in regards to dragons it seems."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 12:08 pm

"I have the feeling my hands are going to be quite full tonight," Lukas says with another small apologetic smile to the other guests in the restaurant after the gnome had taken his leave.

"And I'd like to stay away from any sort of expeditions into the badlands, if possible. He and I may be two peas in a pod, but I'd like to think I'm a tad bit more... subtle. As for the Teifling bit? Maybe he's never seen one before?"
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 4:47 pm

"Yes perhaps, I know we are rare even in these parts. And I think anything short of a rampaging dragon is more subtle than that gnome if first impressions are anything to go by." He says still wondering what all that was about.

"What is this forum the king is holding? Anything of interest going to be discussed?"
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 12:52 pm

"I imagine we will be discussing what the King's Will has found north in the barbarian lands, and how or if that relates to our Big Red neighbor to the east. If we end up in a 3 way conflict with the northerners, the Dionans, and Bleiterghast than we have quite the full plate."

At that point Lukas places his order, a leg of roasted lamb with cheese and figs.
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Zaril take the opportunity to order eel, as this is one of the few places to get it, with some leafy greens.

He lets out a slight sigh. "Yes we would be left in quite the tight spot. I suppose I will have to check it out and see. I was so looking forward to a bit of relaxing and some easy times but alas it is never the case."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 pm

"Yes. That's why it's important we convince the Dionan's we had no part in the death of their prince."
Back to top Go down
Zaril Erimos

Zaril Erimos

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm

"Indeed, the sooner they leave the better. Things are hard enough with out this Sword of Damocles hanging over our nation. It's not as if we love to kill off foreign royalty as our way of asking to be invaded."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Fayden

Lukas Fayden

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 am

"Princess Clara seemed somewhat forlorn surrounding the whole affair. I'm hoping her sadness will show our sincerity."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal   Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 1, Afternoon (Open) - A Barbarian and a Sorcerer Get A Meal
Page 1 of 1