Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigismund

Sigismund

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 pm

"Justice can be a difficult thing to seek," the paladin says cautiously. "However, if you've any belongings of the one you seek, or any connection to them... well, there are worse things than to seek aid from those trained in the magical arts. A good wizard or cleric may be able to point you in the right direction - divination has helped me a few times in the past, to bring particularly troublesome bandits where they belonged."

He tries to relax more, but finds it difficult to do. "But I apologize. You may have already sought out these things. I don't mean to pry. It is... simply a bad habit of an old watchman. Unfortunately, I too am new here in the capital, otherwise I might give you better advice."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm

"It never occurred to me, I had no idea they can use magic in such away. This is very useful info, Thank you."

Astra adjusts her gauntlets while being lost in thought, she looks back up at Sigimund."Wait you are new to the capital as well? If so I take it you have been on the road recently?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 1:53 pm

"These last three weeks, yes. I just now came in off of the road. There was much less traffic than I had expected, really. I'd have thought trade would have been bustling much more, what with the recent wedding."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:08 pm

"Have you seen someone in similar armor to mine on the road? Dark gray plates with a black winter tunic underneath." Astra moves closer to Sigismund and whispers. "you see the man I'm looking for is my older brother, He betrayed my father, all of us.." she pauses a moment " I will destroy him". Astra leans back into her chair. "But I must find him first, Damn coward!"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:22 pm

The paladin nods slowly, understanding now why she had come here. "I have not, I'm afraid. But should I come across one such as that, I will be certain to seek you out. If you do not mind my asking... what kind of person is he, this... man you seek?"

He chooses his words carefully, not wishing to betray the trust that had just been placed with him.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Moira thanks Daphne as she delivers the plate of breakfast, starting on the eggs and bacon. As a moment opens while people are chatting, she deftly tucks the bread in her pack for later.

After wolfing down the first few bites, as if it had been a while since her last warm meal, she works to finish her breakfast at a more casual pace. She turns her attention and watches the pair of warrior types chatting back and forth about armor and purposes. At first, anyone watching her might notice a small sense of apprehension at all the talk of hunting people and guard work, but she visibly relaxes by the time they stop whispering.

She finishes the last piece of sausage and half her water before she allows her attention to shift to others about the room. She stops again as the half-orc comes back into view and considers his clothing, "Get many sailors from Bad Wolf Bay around here?" She inquires to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:54 pm

"Caleb, he was always distant, I never felt anything malicious from him, But as we grew up I felt like a bitterness to him, Resentful. After he did what he did without remorse, I know there is evil within him I never saw, And the only mercy I'll show him is a quick death."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Having finally finished his meal, the paladin takes another drink of his ale, thinking carefully about what to say. The woman had said a great deal, but also had said very little. Yet there was quite a bit she didn't say which spoke volumes about this man's character.

"He sounds as though he is a man motivated by power. A dangerous sort if ever there was one," he says, glancing back over at the Tiefling once more, regarding her with as much curiosity as he did with suspicion.

Scratching the messy beard in dire need of a trim, he picked his next words carefully.

"There is always work for a man of that caliber, with the correct motivations. I'd seek out those familiar with Bad Wolf Bay. While it may be days journey by caravan away, it is my understanding that the Baroness and the capital share a very... intimate relationship, as it were. But take care seeking advice - that area is known for its brigands and cutthroats, and I've no doubt they would be eager to take advantage of a woman attempting to right an injustice."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 1:40 pm

"I have more to think about, thank you Sigismund. You offered much insight" Astra leans back into her chair. "Bad Wolf Bay.. I'll look into that. Are you traveling with anyone?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 1:45 pm

"I met a couple of companions on my way into town, but we have since gone our separate ways. Everyone has their own reasons for coming to the capital. My needs happened to be quite a bit simpler than theirs," he smiles, looking over at the gamblers again, and then back to the Tiefling.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Astra notices Sigismund's attention to the gamblers and the Tiefling, and whispers " Whats the deal with those guys?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:06 pm

"Let us just say that they are of interest. I can only imagine how lively this location must be come nightfall."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Moira pauses a moment, not seeming to gather the attention of Daphne or the half-orc, but her eyes catch the glances from the pair of fighter types.

Licking a couple of her fingers clean, she suddenly notices the warrior types glancing in her direction.
She follows Sigismund's gaze towards the gamblers at first, but then realizes he's looking as much at her as those nearby.

"I suppose it isn't often ye see a maiden with horns, right?  I've heard it all before.  Even Daphne here has only seen one other of my kind." she tosses over to the other table, judging carefully how they initially react, "You two seem to be huntin' for some guy, eh?  Or at least, that's what little I could overhear."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:30 pm

"I am merely dispensing advice," the paladin states honestly. "But you are correct. In all of my years, not once have I ever laid eyes upon one of your kind. I trust you will forgive my staring. It is merely a matter of my upbringing, and reflects nothing upon your character, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Moira offers a coy smile in return, almost as if she is enjoying putting the paladin on his heels a bit, "Stares are always free. Otherwise, I'd have a lot more coin for food. Have ye been here long? I fear I know little of this town or its kin."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Sigismund ponders a thought, then decides that would be incredibly rude, passing on the brief idea. Instead, he chooses the diplomatic route.

"Would you care to join us? Given that you are already privy to the conversations at hand," he offers to an empty seat at his table. "And to answer your query, I have only just arrived here in the capital myself. Quite a lot of that going around these days, it would appear."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Moira nods, sliding her foot off her pack and leaning down to pick it up anew. She stands up and makes her way over to the offered chair and stopping with her hand on top of its back, pack clutched in her left hand.

At closer view, it is easy to see that the edges of her clothing are a bit frayed, revealing to the attentive that she doesn't live an easy life.

"I have always wondered why men like to walk around in such heavy garb. I would think it unwieldy and hot."

She sits down and sets the pack back between her feet, "Seems more trouble to me than it would be worth?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 2:55 pm

"Such is the life of a Paladin of Apollo - to some, at any rate. As it were, I am always on guard duty, so to speak. And it has saved my life on more than a few occasions, so it is a burden I am willing to bear."

He scrutinizes the newcomer a bit more, but relaxes his attentiveness. "But I doubt that you came to listen to some speech about the goodness and purity of those who stand in the light, and all of that. Most likely, I imagine, you came here to enjoy a fine drink, a fine meal, and just perhaps a chance at finding some work."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Moira answers simply, "You seem to have me at a disadvantage, knowing my thoughts and all. I've never spent much time with people chatting of gods and the sort, so I canna say I understand all your light and purity talks."

She leans back against her chair, relaxing a bit, "But food, drink, work... I can understand those. Don't s'pose you know where one can find something to do?" she looks over at Astra, "Or you?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Astra shakes her head, "I'm not sure where to find work, I too just entered the capital. I'd prefer not to go broke, so I should find work too."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:46 pm

"Sadly, I cannot say that I am aware of any places to find work here. Though the nature of my work is rather different from what you likely seek, I imagine. I am sure that, if all else fails, there may be work to be found at the dockyards."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Moira considers a moment, her face all too telling that she finds the idea of shipyard work distasteful, "Maybe, I guess."

She scratches a little bit at her unkempt red hair, "So why are you chasing some guy? He wrong ya? Whole drag him off to prison til he rots kinda thing?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 4:53 pm

"That man has lost all meaning to me, He betrayed my family. My former elder brother." Astra stares straight into Moira's eyes. "I will find him, and ether he falls or I bring him to my brothers. But I won't stop till I have him. That's what Sigismund and I have been talking about, why I'm here today and not back home in the Great Terrian Mountains."

Astra pauses a moment. "But meeting new people is a good distraction from my dire affairs, And I've never met a tiefling before. So this is a pleasure, I'm Astra Lykos." And with that Astra extends her armored hand toward the teifling for a handshake.

Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Moira listens intently and offers her hand in return, "Moira. I hope ye find your brother. Family is not easy, but they are the only ones ya got."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Astra nods in agreement. "For better, or for much worse." Astra stands up and stretches. "Might forget how to walk If I stay planted to this chair much longer. Sigismund where will you be staying?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]   A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Paladin Walks Into a Bar... [D1, Morning, OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next