Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigismund

Sigismund

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm

When was the last time Sigismund had seen such a bustling atmosphere?

It must have been well over two years, he imagined. But never on quite such a scale as this. Indeed, it felt as though there were more people here in this merchant square than he had ever seen in one place back in Stormhall. In some ways, he had missed this level of liveliness. Yet on the other, a part of him knew that trouble was never more than a stone's throw away. Already he had witnessed three arguments, one potential grifter, and the possibility of at least two illicit dealings taking place in the open over what could only charitably be described as 'mystery meat'.

In some ways, he had missed it, but in many others, he preferred the simplicity of smaller towns.

If ever there were to be a place to gather the news, then this would be it. Perhaps while he was here he would find himself a new mirror, but seeking out the crier square was the most important thing at the moment. He had not heard much news over the last several weeks. Perhaps knowing the latest going-ons would give him some direction.

The silver-clad armored man walked through the streets, idly observing everything going on around him, as though his years of patrolling had never quite left him.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] 792b8997970b433b06b10721bd89900e

The town crier, the closest thing that the common folk could count on as a source of news (was it even reliable?) in the city, calls out over the hustle and bustle of the early day market. He stands on a platform, reading from a tablet of parchment paper. His chin seems to wriggle as he speaks, obviously a man who enjoys his meals.

"Our most honorable and noble neighbors to the east, our allies the fair and just Dionans, have arrived in Larendar to meet with our beloved highness King Steele," he calls out, gesturing boldly to garner attention. "As we understand it, a once private forum will now be open to the public! Tomorrow at noon, lend your ear to the topics at hand."

He pauses for a moment before continuing. "The King's Will has been sighted in the dock district, returning from the journey to the north...."
Back to top Go down
https://planeofterria.rpg-board.net
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm

A private forum gone public? Now that was most unusual. What in the world was happening to have prompted that?

Furthermore, what had the King's Will been searching for in the north? For the moment, he continued to listen, taking in all of the news he could in an effort to understand just what exactly had been going on.

Perhaps most distressing was the presence of the Dionan emissary mentioned. The marriage had taken place well over a month ago, why were they only arriving now, and for what possible reason?
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

".... news on this will surely follow come tomorrow morn," the crier continues, before stepping down from his pedestal.

Sigismund may not have the answers to his questions, but he would have eyes on him. That seemed to be a recurring theme lately. In much less ornamental or shining platemail, a tall figure with a tabard that bore the symbol of Apollo (a yellow shining sun on a sky blue field). Brown eyes followed him openly, just hidden behind a shock of blonde hair. He approached the paladin without haughty or boisterous preamble.

"Hail, ser. You are Sigismund of Stormhall, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 pm

He had dreaded that this might happen. Turning to face the Paladin - for he surely was that - he nodded.

"That I am. I am afraid that you have me at a disadvantage, ser," he answered calmly. The man's gait seemed to indicate a lack of aggression. That gave him hope that perhaps this wouldn't result in too much agony.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

The man sized him up for a moment.... before extending a mailed hand in greeting.

"Wryn Coleman, Captain of the Guard and head of the Order of Apollo. We have met before, once, but I was younger then." The younger paladin, detecting nothing wary from the man, allowed himself a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 2:16 pm

He pauses for a moment, and lets it all sink in. The man had changed quite a lot, it would seem.

Sigismund takes the man's hand and gives him a good handshake. "Forgive me for not recognizing you. You've changed quite a bit since Stormhall. I half expected they'd have you squirreled around in some room up in the palace."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 3:09 pm

"No apologies required; I was but a boy then, a simple squire, but now I am a man grown. I still remember that day," he replies, the small smile turning to a frown as he withdraws his hand.

"I'm not squirreled up in just any room- I'm guarding the king now. I've come a long way since learning from old Ser Jeramy. The old knight fell in battle, just the way he always wanted to go out. Took 40 kobolds to down him. His pegasus carried him all the way back to Larendar with a smile on his face."

A pause. "Apollo guides us all to our destinies. He brought you here for a reason as well."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm

"If I am fortunate, then perhaps I will learn what that reason is," he smiles wryly. "I remember Jeramy. He was a good man. If only we all could so fortunate as to get what we desire in the end."

Nodding in remembrance to the old Paladin, Sigismund regards the captain. "But I do suppose that this begs the question of why you are here in the square. I'd have thought that you, and his majesty, would have their hands full with the political ramifications surrounding the wedding. Moving a prince - or princess - cannot be an easy task."

He smiles warmly, a smile borne of ignorance as to what actually transpired.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

"I had heard rumors of a man in heavy armor that shone like Apollo's rays glistening on the water's surface. There is only one suit of such armor I had ever seen. I needed to see if they were true, and so they were."

Wryn's nostalgic visage quickly turns back to a frown, however. So Sigismund had not heard. The pains of a scar that may never heal tugged at the paladin's heart, for those pains were a reminder of his failure. "Prince Roderik is dead; a demon killed the boy and took his place. Tried to kill Princess Clara as well."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 4:04 pm

"By the gods... please tell me this is some sick jest," Sigismund asks almost breathlessly, finally beginning to understand some of the strange circumstances.

What was had been a curious piece of news was now deadly serious. How had the Dionans reacted? Knowing them, the answer was 'poorly'. They had always been known for their short temperaments, he can only imagine how they would have taken the news of their crown prince falling dead to some demonic plot.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 am

"It is not. I wish it were so," Wryn manages to reply. "With all the looming trouble, we could use your help Ser Sigismund. Those of us in the Order that live in the capital is bound to serve his majesty. But you..."

He pauses for a moment. "... you are not shackled by such an oath. We still do not know the full truth surrounding the demon plot, and we have to convince the Dionan's we were not involved. Will you help to do this?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:23 pm

"I do not wish to cause you any undue trouble. I'm... sure that you have heard the stories about me. But this is not a thing which is easily ignored," he sighs.

"I will do what I can to assist. But I will need to hear the full story, and all that is known regarding how this creature was able to get into the court to begin with. I presume you are not the only one heading your investigation."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:47 am

"I can tell you what I know."

Wryn motions for them to move away to a more quiet corner of the marketplace, leading his fellow paladin a few paces out of the street. "The demon was impersonating Prince Roderik, at least sometime before their arrival. Foolishly, precautions were not taken to see through the illusion. Such a thing will never happen again while I still breathe. We believe the prince was kidnapped or murdered, likely the latter. Yet Diona insists that the Prince was well guarded until he arrived, thus the trouble. However, the road through the Badlands is perilous. His Majesty has tasked his chief spy Krinklestein with retracing their steps, and infiltrating the Dionan capital if need be. We have not heard from him in months." A pause.

"Secondly, the King's Will had been dispatched north to treat with the barbarian tribes. To gauge their intent, and determine if something unnatural is afoot. They will return tomorrow, and be present at the forum. I would have you attend."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:08 pm

"I will be there then. Is there a particular reason why it has become public? Or is there a forum before the forum?"

His brow furrowed as his immediate suspicions began to formulate in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm

"His Majesty means to be open and honest before his people about his intentions regarding the goings on in our kingdom. His most trusted allies will be there, people that the people know - the Will, Lady Stormghal; and those they have only heard rumors about- the elven princess, and our own Clara as well."

Wryn thinks for a moment. "I have wondered to myself if he might not be trying to bait the Dionan ambassador, known for his quick temper, into revealing to much of Emperor Gorrin's hand by making an open display of this important meeting. As for a forum beforehand? Things will be chaotic during the discussion, to be sure. Show up at the castle gates tomorrow morning if you need to speak with anyone in peace."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:41 pm

"Is there anyone you would have me speak with to begin moving forward with my own investigations? I presume you are not the only one making inquiries."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:49 pm

"Lady Stormghal is a wizard of great power and knowledge, though she keeps her secrets closely guarded. She may know something, though she smiles at me mockingly," Wryn bristles a little at the memory. "Best be wary; she is an ambitious woman, one I do not trust in spite of the counsel she gives his majesty."

"There is a dark elf who serves as a member of the Will as well, but he is dangerous... I once arrested him for murder, covered in the blood of the noblewoman he once served. He ended up getting away free, and now he has risen high indeed. If any of the Will hold secrets it is he. I have not questioned him... his majesty says my intent is compromised in that regard," the paladin says with a hollow glance, disturbed that justice was not done for house Teken'duis.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 pm

"I cannot say I'm fond of the Lady Stormghal myself. Part of me cannot help but wonder if she may have some part to play in this entire affair, but I will admit it is a personal bias of mine. This elf, what is his name? I will see what inquiries I may make on his behalf."
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

"Nalfein," Wryn replied, almost spitting the name. "Nalfein Nirinath. A real shadow, that one. Cowled in dark greens and blacks, red eyes glowing under his hood."

Just saying it felt like a failure of duty, evident for another few moments, before Wryn composed himself once more.

Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:07 pm

"I will learn what I am able. Are there any others you think would be useful to inquire?"
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:18 pm

"Perhaps the Dionans as well; if there are any you trust, ask them what they know from their end. Questioning them is a realm I have not been able to explore, and perhaps you will have time to meet with a few of the ambassadors tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 pm

"I am certain they are just as eager to find answers as we are. Is it known how this demon was able to slip into the castle unnoticed? And what became of the demon itself? I presume it was destroyed?"

He knows how difficult these questions may be to ask, but he also knows that it has been some time since the event, and with that some details may have been lost to time. Yet those details could be of monumental importance to his investigation.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Admin
Ares

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:33 pm

"Magics, perhaps the blessing of some extra planar entity. I do not know, but Staceene has been the one researching such. The demon is dead though, slain at the hands of Krinklestein. He's the one who discovered what the demon truly was."
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 2:36 pm

There is a barely audible gurgle of disdain at the mention of who is heading the investigation. "And Krinklestein was last heard from at the wedding, I presume. Is it known how he was able to reveal its identity?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]   Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! [D1, Noon, OPEN]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next