Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) Empty
PostSubject: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Astra walks though the threshold of the Rosemaker's pub, she looks around for a quiet spot disregarding the various stares. She sees a vacant table in the back corner and makes her way to it. Astra places her pack on one side of the table, then leans her tower shield on the wall near her. She waves down a bar-maiden, "I'll take some of your coldest ale,Thank you.". As the bar-maiden leaves Astra turns to her shield, "Randale wake up." She runs her fingers along the silver wolf engraving on the front of the shield, it fades away and a live wolf head appears inside the surface of the shield. *yawns* "are we finally in town Astra?" Astra nods "we're at a inn, figured we could ask around" She chugs her mug of ale and slams it down. "I can't believe Caleb would betray us like that, I knew he didn't like me, but to take my fathers life.. " *Astra's fists shake in frustration* "Worry not Astra, Caleb will face justice when you bring him back to your other brothers". Astra finishes her mug "yeah, if I can resist the urge to end him on sight."
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Sitting in the pub is a rather well-dressed Drow, who is absently chatting up one of the barmaids with a small and playful smile on her lips, a sheathed sword dangling from her belt that is held in place with a peace knot, indicating that the bearer of the sword is not looking for a fight at this time. Of course, this would probably make her an easy target if a brawl broke out, but she seems unconcerned with this possibility. She glances at the door as the warrior with the shield takes a seat and starts talking with the thing. How odd. But the world is full of all sorts I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Astra looks around, "but who to ask?" .Randale surveys the pub "No one really looks too helpful, just a bunch of rowdy common-folk... Hmm a suppose that drow looks like a cut above the rest"."Drow? Its worth a shot." Astra stands up and heads toward the drow, "Excuse me miss I'm Astra Lykos, I'm unfamiliar here and could use any knowledge about this town".
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Siliani looks up from her pleasant conversation with the barmaid, "Siliani d'Ivoreth. And as to knowledge, I suppose you might be better off trying to hire a local urchin to serve as a guide. Not only does it help the child earn some coin to support themselves or their families, it helps them learn a useful trade."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Astra looks slightly disappointed, but she smiles. "Sorry for the intrusion, I'll cover your next two drinks."
She backs up and walk back to her table and starts muttering to her shield again.
Back to top Go down
Siliani

Siliani

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Siliani resumes her conversation with the barmaid, not so much interested in the free drinks as the conversation with the person in front of her. She mentally shrugs a little about Astra's approach, wondering why the woman would assume that this was the drow's hometown. And besides, her suggestion had been one of merit, given that there were always children wandering around the city in need of a job and a helping hand.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:12 am

"I'm not sure what the next step is, I just came this way because it was a big city". Astra finishes her fifth mug of ale."I don't have a plan, I just ran out into the world". she signals for a refill. " Perhaps you should ease up on the drinks, I've noticed you become a bit brutish when you drink. We don't want to get  in trouble again."  Astra gives Randale a sharp look. "you trying to say sumthing?" Randale sighs. "I'll see you in you in the mourning Astra". And with that the wolf's reflection fades from the ebony shields surface and the silver engraving reappears. Astra looks irritated as she slams her empty mug on the table. "BRING ME ANOTHER!!"..
Back to top Go down
Tiarnan de Danann

Tiarnan de Danann

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 7:42 am

The door would swing open, and a trio of men wearing robes with the patterning of the Scholar's Guild would come filing in. A half elf, clad in green and gold filigree that seems to only make a passing hint of his guild status, follows the trio, closing the door behind him as the three head toward an open table under the stairs that lead up to the inn.

The half-elf, instead of following his colleagues, approaches the bar, a smile as wide as Tunnelcutter Lane on his face. "Miss Daphne! How are you this evening?" He asks rather loudly, calling to get her attention. "Mind if we get some of that delicious ambrosia of yours for our table?"

Tiarnan barely waits for an answer before slipping over to the others, settling into a chair whose back is to the rest of the tavern, and losing himself in quiet chatter with the other scholars. The three have a look of unease about them, a visage not shared by Tiarnan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)   Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ale in a days work. (day 0 topic)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plane of Terria :: Commoner District :: Rosemaker's Pub-
Jump to: