Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moira

Moira

Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

As far as mornings went, it was not the easiest for certain.

Moira had awoken shortly after dawn when the sun streamed through her room's window onto her face.  She cursed under her breath and fought the morning headache that accompanied the dawn's embrace.  After fighting the urge to crawl to the floor and use the bed as protection against continued sunlight assaults to sleep longer, she managed to gather herself enough to make her way downstairs to meet up with Astra.

Moira nursed her hangover headache as she squinted against the morning light and talked to a few people she met on the street, her cowl up to block out as much of that angry light as she could.  Gaining enough knowledge from the locals as she could, she led Astra to Tunnelcutter Lane and located a tailor shop called The Silver Spool.

Ducking into the establishment, she removed her cowl anew, glad to be out of the harshness of day.  A soft voice spoke to Astra, "They say tha shops 'round here are tha best in town.  Imma sure we can fin' someone to help us fin' somethin' nice."

Apparently, word of the forums was recent news to the town as the pair of tailors were already bustling about assisting various clientele.  A female dwarf helping a young girl with an outfit turned to notice the new comers, "Be right with you!" she announced, finishing the pinnings of the hem.

She stepped over to the pair of women, taking a moment to size them up.  Her eyes stared a few extra moments at Moira, no doubt surprised by her race or perhaps it was pondering how to deal with her tail.

"The name's Rusela of the Silver Spool.  We have the finest clothes for all occasions, even forums with the king!" she smiled, all too knowingly, while leaving Moira to wince at the volume of the joyous greeting, "So what fancies you today, m'ladies?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Astra steps forward and greets Rusela "We're attending the forum later today, And we both need something a cut fancier then what we have." Astra glances back at Moira.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 am

Rusela returns the greeting, having a chance to spy Astra up and down quickly after a once around the pair of ladies and taking note of the heraldry of the silver wolf upon her shield, "A lady of the Lykos family.  I'm certain we can find you something worthy of your namesake."

She motions to a pair of stools to the far right of the establishment, past a few racks of material and premade dresses.  "If you dears would care to sit a moment, I shall return in short order."

She quickly disappears amidst the clothing, returning after a few minutes with a pile of folded material, "When we heard about the forums, I set everyone about making dresses.  I knew we'd have quite a rush this morning.  Never fear though, I'm certain we can make you both look lovely in the king's presence."

She continues this small talk about the clientele and activities of the morning as she sifts through her stack of clothing, "M'lady Lykos, I'm certain you would wish for something with a silver wolf upon the hem or upon thy breast.  I could set one of my staff to adding it should you wish.  It will take a little extra time to finish such an embellishment."  She pulls out some various dresses, "Yes, perhaps a simple black to accentuate that embellishment?  Or a beautiful, deep violet.  Royal blue perhaps?  Pray tell, dear, do you fancy any colors in particular?"

Moira watches this parade of fashion, a little uncertain and looking at Astra in hopes to be able to follow her lead.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

"I think black suits me, and I would love a silver wolf on the breast." Astra has a look of surprise and excitement. "It's not often I meet someone familiar with my clan, you honor me." Astra gives Rusela a small warrior's salute. "I'm excited to see this dress now." She looks a Moira with a face beaming with pride.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Rusela smiles at Astra, "Dear, you don't work with nobles without knowing names the kingdom over.  Black it is."

Rusela encourages Astra to stand a moment as she fetches a thin rope for measurements, several marks dyed along its length which no doubt have meaning to the dwarf even though they bear no numbers or indicators otherwise.

After completing her task, she brings out a long, flowing dress that cuts off at an angle just beneath the knees.  The sleeves lay half down the length of the arm, stopping shy of the elbow and v neckline that stops modestly several inches above the bosom, allowing plenty of room for an engraving over the left breast.

Rusela shows off the aspects of this particular choice, "You probably prefer warmer clothing, dear, if I am to guess.  This material is a weave heavier than the silks that many nobles wear and covers more modestly as well.  Though don't let me sell you on that, as the cutline along the bottom hem of the dress is a bit playful, teasing a bit more of that left leg to any admirers." she laughs a little at herself and adds, "Oh, you should have seen some of the admirers I had in my day."

Rusela continues, "But I can also tell you know your way about life with what I've heard of your kin and how you carry yourself, dear.  This dress does have open forearms as well, not restricting the elbows at all should you find yourself dealing with reproachable lads that need to be taught a few manners." she adds, "Just don't overexert in that regard.  While it is a strong material, it is by no means designed for the rigors of life like your armor.  What think thee?  Any alterations besides fittings you'd prefer?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Astra chuckles at the bit about the admirers while nodding in agreement, "I could only imagine."

"Rusela I've never really gave dresses a second thought, But this is perfect! You've hit the nail on the head with every aspect. I've never know dresses could be as intimate as armor." Astra kneels down and gives Rusela a soft embrace. "You're a master of your craft, Truly. I'm excited" Astra stands back up and takes her place next to Moira. "I'm glad you brought me here, Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 9:07 am

Rusela returns the soft hug, "If I have made your day a little brighter, then I have done my job. One moment while I get this over to Tess."

Rusela disappears with the dress over to a human girl, probably no older than 20, as they exchange expectations in regards to the silver wolf. Rusela reaches behind a wooden work desk and pulls out an old book which she flips through and points out things to the young apprentice.

Moira smiles at Astra, "Hones'ly, ma firs' time in a place like this." she chuckles a little nervously, "Imma take no credit when issa what I heard on tha street that brought us 'ere."

After a few minutes longer, Rusela returns, "I wish I had more time, m'ladies. To embroider hazel and green in that dress to bring out your eyes, dear, would have truly made the dress perfect. Alas, the forums draw nigh and we have many waiting for the perfect attire."

She turns to address Moira, "Speaking of, I have never seen your kind here. One hears tales of tieflings, but many believe them to be only tales. No doubt I will have one of my own soon, a tiefling choosing to adorn herself with my work."

Rusela sifts through her pile, "I believe exotic is more appropriate for you, a dress the color of your eyes... perhaps... or a shade brighter to contrast your pale skin tone..." she continues, mulling over a few thoughts before pulling out an emerald dyed silk, holding it up a moment near Moira. "Very thin for your height, dear. But that can be easily altered for. Tell me, do you like flowers?"

Moira, not quite sure what to do, nods, "Yes?"

Rusela nods, "Good, let me fetch something I think might be just right." and she disappears behind a few racks of fabric.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm

"Well you have my gratitude all the same, I doubt I would have found this place on my own." Astra shifts her stance to a more relaxed position and takes a moment to take in the scenery, Then returns her gaze to Moira. "By the way how are you holding up, when I last saw you in the pub you seemed less then steady."

Astra shifts her focus as Rusela returns to her. "I wish I had more time, m'ladies. To embroider hazel and green in that dress to bring out your eyes, dear, would have truly made the dress perfect. Alas, the forums draw nigh and we have many waiting for the perfect attire."

"Improving on perfection" Astra responds with glee, "Perhaps I can return another day for those final touches." Astra steps back and adjusts her tunic while Rusela services Moira.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Moira responds while waiting on Rusela, "Hones'ly, Imma nah really a drinker.  A lil' with meals an' such.  But tha' rum was a bit strong.  Mostly jus' my head hurts now.  Loud talkin' an' bright lights."

Rusela returns with a very different style of dress than before, a simple bright green silk, its sides split all the way from ankle to the upper thigh before merging together into the bodice of the dress.  The full length sleeves bell at the wrists and the neckline offers a simple clasp above a three-inch wide gap in the fabric left to tease portions of the upper chest ending just above the breast line.  A single white lotus flower is embroidered along the front of the dress from navel to hem.

Rusela presents the dress, going over various elements, occasionally digressing into past memories of her own as she discusses the unique cuts of the design and how having the sides split will allow more flexibility with regards to tail movements.

Moira, throughout the entire explanation wears a look of a deer in headlights, trying to understand and feeling sheepish that she isn't well versed in all of the terms.  "It is pretty." she finally manages.

Rusela nods, "Of course it is, dear.  And it will look well on you.  Though it looks like you may need visit the bathhouse as well this morn." she states plainly as she pulls the thin rope around various curves of Moira's form.

Moira looks at Rusela and then quickly to Astra, remembering something about her visiting the bathhouse, a bit of a panic and question in her eyes.

Rusela continues, "If you ladies would care to wait, I believe Tess can have your fittings done within the hour.  The cost is five gold apiece and a promise that you wear them with pride."
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Astra gives a sympathetic nod. "I've been there before, where you wanna lay down in bed and start it over again, We should get you some food." Astra looks like she had more to say, but happily yields Moira's attention to Rusela as she returns with a dress for Moira.

Astra is doubly impressed as Rusela presents another beautiful dress, and listens to the features of it. Moira's disconnected expressions made Astra slightly grin with some empathy behind it. "Hope she gets over it soon" she thought to her self. Astra tuned back into the conversation and caught the words "Bath House", along with a distressed look from Moira.

"Don't worry I'll return the favor and guide you to the bathhouse. once we're squared away here."

Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am

It takes about another hour as the final alterations are completed. During which time Rusela bustles about to other customers and Tess works diligently on the requested embellishments and fittings. Tess occasionally brings the dresses over with the thin rope to double-check measurements on both Astra and Moira as she completes her work.

Each dress is wrapped up in a simple woven hemp package tied at the top to help keep dirt off while traveling with them.

Moira searches through a small pouch and locates five gold pieces for her dress, handing them over to Tess in exchange for the package.

"'spose I better fin' this bathhouse 'fore the forums." She glances to Astra, "Iffa could point me where ta go, I will meet ya at the forums come later." she offers, not wanting to drag Astra halfway across the town if she has other things to do.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 11:29 am

Astra thanks them and pays 7 gold, then carefully stores the dress in her bag.

"I can come with you if you'd like, I don't really have much else to do. But I understand if you want space, I won't be offended if you want solitude. It's up to you Moira."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Moira nods, “At leas’ ta the premises woulda be welcome.”

She considers a moment, adding, “Hones’ly nah sure when I las’ had a bath. So migh’ take me some time.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]   Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tailor Made [D2, Morning, OPEN]
Page 1 of 1