Plane of Terria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plane of Terria

Dungeons and Dragons 5e Play by Post

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Moira

Moira

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 pm

Moira furrowed her brow as if considering why Astra needed to spend a day at the bathhouse, not used to such concepts or luxuries herself, clearly evidenced by her appearance.

She nodded as Astra began talking of the marketplace, clearly agreeing with her assessment.  As she was about to answer in response, she's stopped short as Astra excitedly introduced her... shield?  ... pet? ... Moira's mouth was left slightly agape, caught at the start of what she was going to say and without proper defense against the magic now introducing itself.

Moira had seen small tidbits of magic before, even watched some poor soul have his clothes torched in a public square back in Bad Wolf Bay by some wizard or sorcerer practitioner... but she had never seen something like this before.  Her eyes lit up with curiosity and questions, but her mouth seemed to lack the artistic flare it normally could produce at a moment's whim.

"I've nah... you... it's... I mean... put a wolf in yer shield?" she finally stammered.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Astra laughs "I was surprised too when I first met him." She takes a hearty drink of her ale. "I'm still learning about him, he's pretty smart for a wolf living in a shield."

Randale bears his fangs in a strange grimace, "smiling is hard with a wolf's mouth." he mutters. "Before you is the living shield Randale."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Moira shakes her head briefly, "Does it... he?" She stops and ponders, "I've heard of magics doing all sorts, but trappin' a wolf in yer shield is a new one."

She lifts a hand and tentatively reaches toward the shield, a couple fingers stopping a foot shy, "Can ye touch it? Or is it jus' some kinda 'llusion?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am

Astra places her hand on the shield's surface. "You can't touch him, It just feels like a normal shield. Randale is within, but he's almost like a reflection on the other-side of the mirror" Astra grabs Moira's hand and guides her to the shield so she can feel for herself. "I wish I could pet him, Father never let me have a pet."

At this Randale looks at Astra with a somewhat offended look. "I am no pet, I was, and still am a battle companion. Though more useful when I had a body, I still serve more purpose then a common pet."

Astra looks back Randale with a sly smirk. "My apologies Randale, how shallow of me." Then whispers at Moira. "I forget he's a tad proud for a shield."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Moira runs a couple fingers across the surface of the shield, pulling back when Randale gets offended at Astra's comments.

"So ya use' to be a real wolf then?" she asks, "Talk then too?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Randale looks at Moira with a softer expression, "Ages ago when I was alive I fought along side the Lykos family,  
Bred for battle I enjoyed following my masters into many fights. They rewarded my bravery and made sure I was cared for. It was a good life, better then a simple wolf could wish for." He pauses for a moment, starring into space gathering his thoughts." During one the skirmishes I was in, a powerful foe was going to strike down a Lykos, I reacted in a instant with reckless abandon and took the blow for him, I remember red agonizing pain, body torn, then nothing. When I awoke I felt cold, the world different. Surrounded by mages and some lykos. They asked me a question and I understood it, whatever they did when they bound me to the shield they increased my intelligence, or at least  gave me the ability to speak."
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Moira listens to the tale, sitting back again in her seat, "Is good they didn't trap yas then.  Is was yer choice."

She glances back up at Astra, grinning a bit mischievously, "And it wasn't cause he talked too much then?"
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:13 pm

Astra raises her mug to Moira last comment with a grin, "Aye, It wasn't." Astra chuckles abit.

Randale looks back and forth unsure what's the joke is but finishes his tale, "...But I'm glad to be able to continue to serve the Lykos clan in any shape or form." Randale has a proud determination with his last statement.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Moira lifts her mug with a wry grin of her own in return, finally laughing outright as Randale continues oblivious to the commentary.

"I'mma certain ya do it well, lil wolf."

Moira takes a sip from her drink before glancing around the bar, taking in the visages unbeknownst to her, "Seems there be new company here this eve." She raises her mug again in distant greeting to the merchant who appears to her of having befriended the sailor she saw this morning.

Moira looks back at Astra, "S'pose he's been 'ere all day? Sure was a loud fella earlier." she inquires while motioning over at the sailor fellow.
Back to top Go down
Alexander "Gormadin" Fare

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 1:04 am

Alex raises his empty mug to the girl across the room, giving her a desperate smile. He was more than a little nervous as to the outcome should Kragg return with an entire bottle of rum each. He doubted he had the fortitude to withstand such an assault.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 4:49 am

Astra nods, "yeah I can't imagine that salty oaf having anything better to do." Astra remarks as she finishes off her current mug of ale.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:17 am

The 'thunk' of a bottle on the table announces Kragg's return to their table, the half-orc grinning as he holds a bottle of rum in each hand. "Here yah are! A bottle of rum fer each of us! Me ears be burnin' a bit, though that might just be the drinks talking, aye? I dare say this might put some hair on yer chest! Ha ha!" He holds his own bottle up towards Gormadin, expecting the man to raise his bottle and cheer in return.
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:43 am

Alex smiles weakly and hefts the bottle in return before taking the bottle to his lips and taking a swig.

His face affects a tic under his right eye as his face blossoms a rosy colour, barely holding back a cough from the burning liquor. He holds the bottle in front of his face as if considering a fine vintage. "Yeap, this stuff ain't bad. But you know what would make it taste better? Some fair ladies to share it with, eh?"

After noticing the redhead before, he had watched their conversation in the hopes of finding allies in his battle against insobriety.

"At least that young girl over there seems to know you. You should have seen the way she smiled when she looked at you! Why don't you go invite them both over, a girl loves a man with confidence!" he dangled the bait hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 10:05 am

Kragg takes a swig as well after the bottles clink together, wiping his mouth with his arm after he was done. "Ahhh! Nothin' like a good bottle of rum ta keep yah warm, eh? Ha ha!"

After listening to Gormadin, he turns around to look at the girl the man was gesturing at. "A redhead, eh?" He finally spots a redhead at a table, squinting his eyes. "Huh... pretty sure I don't know that lass... not her name, at least... but they both do look a mite familiar..." He strokes his beard a bit in thought, then slaps the table in recognition. "Aha! Those two ladies here were with the shiny paladin earlier this mornin'! Thought perhaps they were his party mates, aye. Didn't say anythin' ta me when I was at their table though..." He looks over to Gormadin with a grin. "Perhaps a man with money might sway their interest, eh? Let's see ya use yer merchant wiles an' charms on 'em, eh? Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Giving Kragg a wide grin, Alexander pushes himself up from his seat and tugs at his clothes in an attempt at straightening them. "Well I'm sure I can encourage those fine ladies to join us without needing to resort to coin. I am sure the idea of shared company should more than suffice. If not, then maybe the offer of rum might persuade them otherwise!"  

Alex pushed his way across the room between the other patrons until he came to the table which the two women sat. Giving them his most genial smile Alex said, "Good evening ladies, might I interest you two in some drinks with me and a friend on mine? It would appear I have inadvertently started a drinking session with a half-orc sailor. Something which would no doubt test the constitution of even the toughest of soldiers" he added with a look at the lady with the shield. He let the challenge hang for a moment in the air before continuing, "Truth be told, I would really appreciate the back-up, and the company.". Alex adopted a theatrical look of mock despair with a smile tugging at the edge of his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Sigismund could feel all eyes on him as he returned to the pub, but he chose to ignore them for the time being. There were far more pressing matters on his mind.

Tomorrow seemed as though it might be quite the long day. This might be his last chance to rest for a very long time.

Sitting down at one of the tables, he ordered an ale, and kept an eye on the entrance out of force of habit.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Astra stares at Alex for a moment, then looks at Moira. "I don't know about you but I'm gonna see where this goes." Astra grabs her things and stands up next to Alex. "Astra Lykos, well met." Astra puts out a hand toward him. As she is Introducing herself a glint of Sigismund's armor catches her eye. "Wonder what he's been up to all day.." she thinks to herself.
Back to top Go down
Moira

Moira

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Moira offers an assuring nod to Astra, standing up from her chair and greeting the man dressed in mercantile clothing.

"Moira. Canna say I've tried drinkin' with a sailor. They usually only challenge each other." she states matter-of-factly.

Moira glances over in Sigismund's direction as he takes a seat alone with an ale, "Lookin' like he wants a bit of privacy, so all the more reason ya should go ask him to join us."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 3:33 am

Lets out a sigh of audible relief before his face sets into a wide grin. "You both have my thanks!" nodding in acknowledgement of Astra, Alex says "Glad to meet your acquaintances, my name is Gormadin." Alexander throws a theatrical half bow at both the ladies. At least, as well as he can manage in the cramped confines of the pub. "I hope you both like rum, Tyche has surely smiled upon me this evening to find such a beautiful pair as yourselves to save me the embarrassment of losing my own name at the bottom of a bottle."

Alex then takes off to the bar to grab a few clean mugs before quickly making his back towards his table with Kragg. Plonking the 4 down on the table he arched his eyebrows suggestively at Kragg, "I know you probably don't want a cup, but I think treating the ladies with a little class is the best way to at least let them start having a good time." He then proceeds to pour out 3 cups of rum from his bottle, leaving Kragg to decide if he wants to pour himself a drink or drink from the bottle.

His face was all suggestiveness and good mirth, but behind the facade he was a tad nervous. He hoped that this man would keep his own pace, and Alex could keep his own at a more humane level.

"If I could introduce Astra" Alex gestured with an open hand towards Astra, "And this here is Moira." he gestured towards Moira and fixed her with a friendly smile.

"Now Kragg, if I could leave you to entertain these ladies for a moment I believe, there is a friend of these fine women that they wish to be invited to join us aswell?"
Back to top Go down
Kragg

Kragg

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:32 am

Kragg shrugs. "Anythin' if it pleases these fair maidens, ha ha!" He sits up and straightens his posture a bit, then gives a polite bow and smile. "Please have a seat, fair lasses. Don't let old Kragg's looks intimidate ye. I'm a nice guy once ya get to know me, ha ha!"
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 9:48 am

Alex escapes Kragg for the moment to head over to the paladin. His attire letting him know all he needed to about him. Alex would never understand his sort. Acting all high and mighty with their code of conduct, as if it made them better than everyone else. A man does what he must to survive, he knew that as a fact. A man such as this, a "Paladin", knew little of the real world. Kept aloof from everyone else by the symbols they wear, as if that were protection enough. As if painting a pretty picture on oneself gave them the right to act so superior.

Pushing such thoughts aside, Alex assumed his most friendly demeanour he felt able to, given his disposition towards those of his calling. He worked his way across the room until he reached the mans table. Leaning on the back of a chair at his table, he gave him a warm smile. "Good evening friend, would you by any chance care to join me and my friends? The two ladies over there desire your company." He half turned to give an open handed gesture over towards the table where the other three sat.
Back to top Go down
Astra Lykos

Astra Lykos

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Astra pulls out her chair from the table and the one next to her for Moira, and takes a seat. She gives a polite smile to Kragg. "Don't worry it takes more then a weather worn Half-orc who can tie rope to Intimidate me." Astra remarks with sly grin, as she pushes her empty mug forward toward Kragg. "Would you kindly?"
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:29 pm

The now clean-shaven paladin examined the man closely. He had chosen his words carefully, it felt - it was not he that desired the paladin's company, but that of the women? As suggestive as it was, looking over at the table he could see why they might ask for his presence. The half-orc and this... man.

There was something about him that didn't quite sit very well.

Not that this was ever a new feeling.

"But of course," he smiles. "It is always better to drink or eat in the company of friends. I'd be delighted to join."
Back to top Go down

Alexander

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Alex was relieved that he wouldn't need to convince the man to come over. The idea of sweet talking such a man made the bile in his gullet rise more than the hot fire of the rum did. Spreading his smile wider Alex threw his hands up in the air, "Excellent! Then the ladies shall have no longer need worry about you!" He wandered lazily around the table and slapped the man hard on his shoulder. It made a loud bang against his armour, and although it stung his hand smartly, it was worth it.

Looking over to where the others sat, Alex shouted "Don't worry yourselves ladies, there will be one more gentlemen joining us." He gave the armoured man a wink before heading back to the table.
Back to top Go down
Sigismund

Sigismund

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm

"I do hope that you've all had an eventful day," the paladin greets Moira and Astra, taking a seat between them. "Were you able to locate any work yet, Moira?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]   First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First day comes to rest [D1, Evening, Open]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next